Keeping your SRAS designation active requires recertification every two years. Recertification is critical to maintaining the standard of excellence in the SRA field.
Recertification Overview and Requirements:
There are two options for Recertification to allow flexibility and options for maintaining your Sexual Risk Avoidance Specialist (SRAS) credentialing.
- Live Recertification course: Ascend President/CEO, Mary Anne Mosack, leads a one-day communication practicum titled, Making Your Message Matter. Participation and completion of the one-day practicum secures your Sexual Risk Avoidance Specialist (SRAS) designation for two years.
- If you are interested in hosting a live Recertification course, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online Recertification consists of:
- 4 E-Learning Modules: On-line modules and supplementary reading affords students an individually-paced learning environment that can happen anywhere and anytime.
- Deadline: The pre-reading assignments and practicums need to be completed within 30 days of your start date.
- Recertification Practicum: In lieu of a final exam, you must complete an individualized practical application project for each of the two modules within 30 days of concluding the SRAS-recertification seminar. Choose any topic or concept that is of special interest to you and that has been covered during the recertification presentations. The goal is to make a very practical application of these concepts to your SRA program. (More details are included at the conclusion of the module presentations.)
- Assessment: Completion of 2 recertification modules and the associated practicums will be required to renew your SRAS credential.
- SRAS Recertification: The credential is valid for 2 years.
Register for online Recertification